Radiation therapy can be used to treat benign inflammatory conditions where other treatment methods, such as anti-inflammatory medications and physical therapy, have been unsuccessful. This form of treatment is an excellent alternative as there is no barrier for the radiation to pass through the inflamed target area. During the treatment process, radiation breaks down the sensitive white blood cells that are releasing TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor) which is the cause of inflammation and pain/discomfort. Treatment is painless and improvement in mobility and a reduction in pain/discomfort can sometimes be seen after the first session. Our specialist, Dr. Hesselgesser, will work with you to fully understand your individual case and recommend a personalized treatment plan.
Radiation therapy can be used to treat the following benign inflammatory conditions:
- Traumatic Arthritis
- Arthritis & Para-Articular Painful Conditions
- Osteoarthritis & Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Ankylosing Spondylitis / Spinal Stenosis
- Bursitis / Tendonitis / Synovitis / Myositis
- Osteitis Pubis
- Dupuytren’s Contracture
- Snapping / Trigger Finger Syndrome
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Plantar Fibromatosis / Fasciitis
- Calcaneal Spurs
- Sciatica with Pain and/or Foot Drop
- Post-Operative Heterotopic Bone Formation
What to Expect
You will have a consultation to ensure our team fully understands your current condition and what has been done for treatment.
A CT scan is taken of the target area(s) to be treated. This is typically done the day of consultation or the day after and takes roughly 15-25 minutes.
Radiation treatments happen Monday through Friday and, depending on your site/condition, is treated over 1-2 weeks. Treatment typically takes 10-15 minutes per each session.
Our team of radiation therapists will be with you every step of the way to monitor you and ensure you are as comfortable as possible during treatment.
Accepted Health Insurance
- Coventry / First Health Network
- Anthem Blue Cross
- Blue Shield
- CareMore Healthplan
- Central Health Plan
- Chad Sila, MD Case Rate
- Esperanza IPA
- Evolutions Healthcare Systems
- Health Net
- Hispanic Physicians IPA
- Humana / Choice Care
- Molina Healthcare
- Multi Plan / PHCS
- Pioneer Provider Network
- Positive Health Care HMO
- Preferred IPA of CA
- Prime Health Services, Inc.
- Specialty Care Network
- Superior Choice Medical Group
- Three Rivers Provider Network
- Tricare (healnet)
- United Healthcare (UHC)
- United Physicians International
- Universal Care / Brand New Day
- West Regional Physicians IPA